Its summer time! We are getting excited about summer entertaining and parties! Here are some quick and easy bite size snack ideas for your party. This dish is pretty versatile, you can choose bread, toast or any type of cracker as you like and top it off with unlimited options!
I will be sharing with you my favorite my jalapeño tomato cracker topping! I make my own jalapeño cilantro dip, I will be sharing my recipe with you.
I have ton of other favorite cracker toppings and I will be sharing those at the end of the post. Hope you like them as much as we do!
1 box savoritz sea salt pita crackers from Aldi (you can choose any type of toast,bread,cracker)
2 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
Dry cilantro to garnish
Ingredients for the dip:
6-8 jalapeños (remove the seeds if you don’t want it spicy)
1 cup of chopped cilantro
1 pack of ranch dressing mix
1 cup sour cream (can substitute with greek yogurt)
1 cup mayonnaise
To make the dip, puree jalapeños and cilantro in food processor until it has the consistency of a paste. Add the remaining ingredients and puree until smooth. Refrigerate for an hour prior use. I usually make mine 1 day in advance, I think the consistency improves and allows enough time for all the flavors to meld together.
Setting up is quite easy and quick. Lay the crackers and apply the jalapeño cilantro dip on top of the cracker. Apply the tomato slices and garnish with dry cilantro. Serve right away.
P.S. I have ton of variety of cracker topper options. Here are my few other favorites:
1. Spread with pesto and top it off with shaved parmesan cheese or chopped tomatoes.
2. Spread with mashed avocado and top it off with homemade salsa or chopped tomatoes.
3. Spread with gorgonzola cheese and top it off with sliced pears.
4. Spread with creamy peanut butter and top it off with thinly sliced bananas and drizzle with honey.
5. Spread with cream cheese and top it off with hot pepper jelly.
6. Spread with ricotta cheese and drizzle with honey with a dash of pepper.
7. Spread with ricotta cheese and top if off with chopped roasted red peppers with dash of salt/pepper.
I hope you try all these other cracker topping options; Please share your feedback 🙂